Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Due to the upcoming festive season and the necessary preparations, I shall not be posting now until the new year. Have a great time and see you all in 2007!
Friday, December 15, 2006
I've been having some thoughts about the time of year I should model Rhyd Ddu in:
- Winter - bare trees, dead bracken, full streams, but few trains(!) See image below of tracklaying on Pitt's Head straight...
- Autumn - notoriously difficult to model leaf colour correctly and convincingly (sorry for the poor attempt at finding an autumn pic, which also shows the lack of Autumnal images of the area I've collected too!)
- Summer - too much growth and heavy blobby green bracken coverage as shown in the foreground below...
- Spring - a nice balance, not too much growth and a mix of dead and new colours....
So, I'm thinking Spring then.....oh dear that will mean another trip to Wales, the Welsh Highland and Rhyd Ddu is necessary, what a terrible problem!!
Sunday, December 10, 2006
Happy Christmas and a wonderful new year (one year closer to 40 glorious miles of narrow gauge heaven in 2009)...
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Monday, December 04, 2006
- A number of narrow gauge layouts were there and relevant images are available on my fotopic site: http://colin-lea.fotopic.net
- There were also a number of innovations there that were interesting: Hornby DCC, a sniff of a new Bachmann DCC system coming soon, smaller DCC chips than ever (and at £10) and various sound modules etc for DCC. As mentioned before Rhyd Ddu is being wired in such a way as to make DCC conversion as easy as possible, but will be conventional DC for now.
- But....I hear you say....surely he has some criticisms.....