Saturday, February 24, 2007

The green green grass of home...

Hi,

Long grass is hard to model correctly. I've heard of various ideas:

- Rubberised horse hair, which I think looks too long and doesn't stand up in the way long grass does

- Silflor, mentioned previously on this blog, great but very expensive. I will use this in parts.

- Woodland scenics 'field grass', good for clumps, but fiddly to do right

but, perhaps the link below is actually the answer??? Utilise static to make the grass stand on end. I might not absolutely like the colours chosen in this example and I would definitely want to add other types of material amongst it to break it up as well as field grass, silflor, scatters and other bits...but the base idea is worth a go I reckon:

http://www.petesproject.co.uk/layout/staticgrass.html

Colin

No comments: