Thursday, October 02, 2008

Digital woes

Houston we have a problem.  Well two actually.

Firstly my MRC prodigy advance2 has a dodgy power lead socket, so is going back tomorrow for repair/replacement/refund.  In the few minutes I had playing with the system it looked really good though!  Can't wait to have a working version (hopefully for the weekend).

Secondly, I bought a load of ZTC 255 decoders on 26th Sept and on the 30th ZTC ceased trading, placing the epitaph at the bottom of this post on their website.  That means any support or guarantee I might have hoped for ceases too and as their whole site has been taken down I can't access the manuals (you only get a quick start guide with the decoders).  bandits!  Luckily I managed to find an old download I had accessed for the manual in the google chrome downloads bit - thank goodness for google.

It also means I can't buy the ZTC decoder tester I was going to...  oh well.  at least they posted me the items, otherwise I would have ended up as a preferential creditor or something like that!

dear dear dear...

Colin

Dear Customers,

We regret to inform you that ZTC Controls Limited ceased sales, support and servicing of its series of DCC train control products on 30th September 2008.

Despite every possible effort by the management and staff of ZTC, in today's difficult financial climate our low-volume hand-finished products are regrettably unable to compete with the market-price set by the mass-produced products offered by the recent international entrants into the DCC market.

ZTC has always prided itself on being a UK company employing local designers and local manufacturing. We had hoped that a sufficient number of UK modellers would continue to appreciate the advantages of our equipment over cheaper mass-produced alternatives, but sadly, this has not proved to be the case.

We wish to take this opportunity to thank all of our loyal customers for their support over the years.

1 comment:

Zabdiel said...

Internet Archive: Wayback Machine might be of some use if there is anything else you need from ZTC's website.