Friday, April 10, 2009

Triple hundred


The 300th post!

Here's Vale of Ffestiniog. She is sitting on a farish N gauge chassis from the new warship. This is DCC ready via a 6 pin plug and I've added a TCS decoder and tested her already. Today I fettled the body so that the chassis fitted nicely and I have started work on replacement bogie sides, made from plasticard (as per David and Rob Waller's article in Narrow Gauge and Industrial Railway Modelling Review) with detailing.

The two funkeys (I'm making up the bogie overlays for the WHR funkey at the same time) will be key locos for Rhyd Ddu, as they run beautifully are already DCC fitted and both are likely to see extensive use on the WHR in 2009/2010. They are therefore a key priority for finishing.

The roof is just laid on top for now, although it doesn't foul the chassis at all, so I'll solder it on asap.

Colin

No comments: