Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The plan changes (slightly)

I (will) have the following types of stock for the layout:

- Modern WHR carriages/borrowed FR modern carriages to be hauled by 143/87/138/K1/funkeys etc
- Modern WHR construction stock to be hauled by Upnor Castle/Conwy Castle etc
- Modern/heritage Col Stephens FR set to be hauled by Tal/Merddin (photocharters)
and (hopeful) I suppose:
- WHHR heritage carriages and wagons to be hauled by Russell

Then there are:

- Heritage WHR stock and wagons to be hauled by Beddgelert/Moel Tryfan/Gowrie/590 etc (which is a bit of a modellers' licence thing really).

and the following rarely if ever to be used on Rhyd Ddu (but to be used on the proposed future FR layout):


- Modern FR carriages
- Modern FR PW stock
- Modern/heritage FR slate trains and vans/waggons
- Modern/heritage Victorian FR set

But it will take me ages to get all of the above ready, so I must concentrate on the top 4 bullet points above.  Thus I have decided that locos that do not fit into that set may be sacrificed in order to pay for my 16mm garden railway project.  Thus I am looking to sell locos that are outside this plan and also are likely to be unreliable in DCC - i.e. 0-4-0s.  I am as yet unsure of what to do about Beddgelert/Moel Tryfan/Gowrie/590 as I would like to keep them if possible.

Colin


No comments: