Friday, May 22, 2009

Tro Ffridd

This is a clever image of Tro Ffridd. No it's not a model! The original shot was taken by my friend Roger Dimmick and was altered by a guy called Adam on the WHR forum. I hope neither of them minds me repeating the image here. The effect is created by the breeze-block wall added behind, a blur around the train and some slight alterations to the curves in photoshop.

This technique is indeed very clever and more examples of this idea can be seen here:


or


you can also use so-called tilt-shift lenses to create this effect.

Anyway, I thought it was about time that I showed you all what Tro Ffridd looks like now. The problem is that under the 100W bulb in the garage I get two effects - far too yellow with no flash despite alterations in photoshop, and with flash the ballast and rocks look far too white and over-exposed. So, I've created a slideshow of images taken with and without flash. The real colour is somewhere between the two extremes. enjoy.





Colin

No comments: