- woodwork –
new breakfast bar style legs need installing and new board covers need building. Mostly done, board covers just need velcro now.
- track – painting to be finished on yard board, but well on now. hidden sidings transitions need installing with work needed to finally align board joins using brass tubes which have been made ready
- pointwork – need to install tortoises on yard board and test, else done
- backscene –
order mirror vinyl for ends, check backscene test print, if ok get printed on vinyl and install. It may be that I just cut out the hills from current prints and mount on top of a generic sky for now.
- electrics – yard board needs completion then carry through to hidden sidings required
- lighting – ready just needs a few screws driving home once backscene sorted.
- hidden sidings board alignment – do magnets work? in progress
- curtain around layout base – just needs velcro on layout. awaits layout being fully erected
- scenics – tart up board joins, add signs and details. Extra trees to hide any backscene issues. left to end
- carriages – much progress, but bogies need couplings adding, glazing needs installing, some grab handles required plus
ivory touch-up and transfers
- wagons – nearly complete, just need light weathering when airbrush out for other things and transfers
- check van size as my calculations reckon we will need a LWB transit. done, but finding such a van locally is still proving to be difficult
1) 143 – done in black and just needs a decoder, tanks varnished.
2) 138 – Dad has begun painting chassis and detailing body, will be fine.
3) 87 – body detailing in progress, chassis with Dad
4) K1 – no progress, may now only appear in matt black livery for expong, rather than lined current livery.
5) Castell Caernarfon – nearly ready
6) Vale of Ffestiniog – basically just needs painting now in it two tone green livery.
7) Merddin Emrys – needs pickups adding and lining, plus decoder. Should be easy.
7) Russell – with Dad to finish electrifying and then ready to paint.
8) Upnor Castle – body to chassis link basically done, many more details added, coming on
9) Taliesin – built by me and nearly ready, at bottom of list though due to pressing priorities above. May end up now being ready
10) Gelert – needs painting and conversion to DCC may be tricky due to live chassis. Bought rover midnight blue paint yesterday at halfords!
could do with 500 days really, but I’ll be ready of sorts for expong!