Saturday, January 06, 2007

Quick update (can't think of an amusing title this time, sorry)

Hi,

Quick update:

Found some time today to finish the cutting and extraction of the last few bits of extraneous cork (it was laid in big sheets as that was easier, allowing cutting out later). Also the track was finally fettled into alignment and the final 50 or so track pins were punched in. I am 3 pins short (unbelievable eh!) so a trip to Derby model railway shop (trainlines) tomorrow is in order.

Now all I need to do is get some milled angle for those excellent worsley works B wagons I got for Christmas (4 off) and get moving on construction... I wonder if trainlines do that too???

Progress over the next week or so is likely to be hampered by the need to erect a shed. It's a long story, but basically we need room in the nursery, so some stuff has to go in the garage, but the garage is full of layout(!), so the gardening stuff in the garage has to go in a shed, so I need a shed!

Long term of course this shed could be a nice starting place for a garden railway ummm, that gets me thinking, but for now I suppose I really ought to finish Rhyd Ddu and not dream on about other projects!

Colin

No comments: