Sunday, August 31, 2008

and on the layout...

Let's not forget the layout, with all this loco progress...

The layout previously known as 'Nant Gwernol' (really a DCC test track now) has had its top level ballasting fine tuned and the rails painted with humbrol 62 (leather).

The main layout has had further scenery added, some rock colours toned down and one board's track finished off with sleeper grime. This is an experiment to see the effect of such treatment. If it works (I think it will) then I will paint the rest of the layout asap. Gates, drains and other details are also been collated quietly in the background and the other 2 station lamps should arrive this week too.

Before the really dark nights set in, I hope to complete the second traverser and start experimenting with the brass bolts (I bought 12 off eBay for 99p each last week). I also hope to complete the base scenery around the car park area and finish the sleeper griming (as above). I'm also still awaiting a replacement DCC points decoder from gaugemaster...

Colin

No comments: