Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Yard board wiring done

Wiring is done (save for the LED point indicator which I can’t do as I lent Dad all my LEDs!).  To save time, I checked the polarity with croc clips before soldering on, saving any resoldering later!  I really do like tortoises as they are so easy to setup and can be tweaked easily too.  The only problem with them is their depth, which exceeds that of my baseboard framework.  So, to avoid damage to the bottom of the tortoises, I made up 4 little pads which will hit the ground before the tortoise does, thus saving them.  These are being glued/nailed in place as per the image below…  They will be invisible on the finished layout as the curtain covers them.


No comments: