Monday, September 21, 2009

New updated top 10 NG layouts

I have decided to redo the top 10 narrow gauge layouts series of posts that I did a few years ago, this is because a number of new excellent layouts have hit the circuit. I will do this in one post this time.

10 NEW ENTRY - Tan y Bwlch

I saw this layout at Shepton Mallet and I loved it, for far too long we have been waiting for this idyllic location to be modelled. The stock is really nicely done, there is a gravity slate and the scenics are generally excellent. A worthy new entry.


9 - FR 1926 see post here

8 - Corris see post here

7 - Dulas see post here

6 - NEW ENTRY - Dinas (FR)

DCC sound in 7mm finescale, a cracking layout from the man who brought us Borth y Gest. The stock is still being added to and the new scratchbuilt 'Little Wonder' is truly special. The layout is being improved all the time and I can't wait to see it again at warley, when an even higher position in this 'chart' may be justified.

5 - NEW ENTRY Borth y Gest

It's a close run thing whether this is better than Dinas, but it's had time to bed in and is beautifully done, so I've put ByG ahead...just.

4 - Tan y Grisiau see post here

3 - Dinas Ddu see post here

2 - Knocked down from the top - Dduallt - see post here

No. 1 A NEW ENTRY - COUNTY GATE


A large and complex layout rarely seen outside of club layouts. It's DCC, can be automated, the running and stock is exceptional, scenics have depth, believability and have been very well researched indeed. Goodness knows how much £ this cost to build, but it's worth every penny. See it at Warley.

all the info you could need on this magnificent layout is available here

Disagree with my selections - then post me a comment...

Colin

No comments: