Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quick update

The following has been progressed over the last few days:
  • Nant Gwernol has had its track properly laid on the top level, holes drilled for point motors, an extra feed soldered on and 4 frog connections soldered ready for when I get round to buying the point motors. Then all the new track was ballasted and is drying. I am doing some work on this layout at the moment, as it will now become a kind of DCC test track, as well as a small shunting layout in its own right.
  • The Waunfawr end hidden sidings board has had its sides cut out of 6mm ply and tacked on. This completes all major woodwork.
  • The last of the track on Rhyd Ddu has been painted and the points ballasted.
  • A further greenwash was applied to the grass on the station boards
  • The concrete water tower bases have been painted with railmatch concrete colour
  • I have started experimenting with track and ballast weathering, railmatch sleeper grime slightly thinned seems to work best.
  • The tricky ramp at the end of the platform has been cut out, glued on and painted
  • One of the hidden siding traversers has had 6 roads of track laid (glued on). The other should be progressed once I've bought enough track!
  • I noticed that the points decoder was missing two connections (after reading the instructions again) and added one of them with no problem, the final wire however was not good news - the grub screw doesn't work and so the wire couldn't be captured! I have complained to gaugemaster and hope a replacement will appear soon - another 14 wires to re-attach! Can you believe that it was the last wire I tried! Typical. I gave up in disgust and watched some Olympic coverage on TV - the wonders of the interactive red button!


No comments: