Saturday, May 15, 2010

Clear out!

Much of today was taken up with a proper clear out of the garage and a trip to the tip with a car full of rubbish.  This finally means that all the modelling boxes are empty and scenic bits decanted onto shelves.  Hooray!
However an area in the back corner of the garage does suffer from some damp and I was annoyed to find that although I had made some precautions for this some damp had affected a few things that were stored in this area.  Luckily a spare piece of plywood took most of the hit, but the 'lid' of the small hidden board will need re-cutting (it wasn't a perfect fit anyway).  I have now laid a vinyl off cut in this corner and placed the things that have to live there on top of a pallet (that we randomly had in the garage left over from the delivery of our new bathroom) so they will be fine.
I also found time to attach the second traverser to its board.
The garage clearance works mean that the layout will soon be able to be erected.  Thus work tonight concentrated on getting the hoffs to work so that the yard board can come to the party in the garage.

I drilled new holes through the tiebars to take the 0.8mm piano wire and test installed one hoff to see what would happen. I had found some perfect mounting screws when going through the garage earlier (image above of the motor installed).  After increasing the pulse duration to 20 (2 secs), the result was excellent.  I tried to take a video to show it working see below:

No comments: