- woodwork –
new breakfast bar style legs need installing and new board covers need building. Mostly done, board covers just need velcro now.
- trackwork – hidden sidings transitions need installing, work is needed to finally align board joins plus
the installation of track in the new station approach point area some progress but decision to relay yard points (again) means extra work beyond that planned.
- pointwork –
test tortoise. done, but see above.
- backscene –
order mirror vinyl for ends, check backscene test print, if ok get printed on vinyl and install.
- electrics –reconnect up a few feeds to new improved bus, carry through bus to hidden sidings. connect up feeds to hidden sidings storage area. in progress
- hidden sidings board alignment – do magnets work? in progress as above
- Curtain around layout base – add velcro on layout. awaits layout being fully erected
- scenics – tart up board joins, add signs and details. Extra trees to hide any backscene issues. left to end
- carriages – much progress, but bogies need couplings adding, glazing needs installing, some grab handles required plus ivory touch-up and transfers
- wagons – painting plus couplings etc. Some extra work e.g. handrails to Rob’s excellent ballast and DZ wagons. hardly any progress here except that delivery of Rob’s wagons took place
- check van size as my calculations reckon we will need a LWB transit. done, but finding such a van locally is proving to be difficult
1) 143 – done in black and just needs a decoder and tanks varnished
2) 138 – Dad has begun painting chassis and detailing body
3) 87 – body detailing in progress, chassis with Dad
4) K1 – no progress
5) Castell Caernarfon – really getting there
6) Vale of Ffestiniog – basically just needs painting now in it two tone green livery.
7) Merddin Emrys – needs pickups adding and lining, plus decoder. Should be easy.
7) Russell – with Dad to finish electrifying and then ready to paint.
8) Upnor Castle – body to chassis link basically done, many more details added, coming on
9) Taliesin – built by me and nearly ready, at bottom of list though due to pressing priorities above.
10) Gelert – needs painting and conversion to DCC may be tricky due to live chassis.